The compulsory or optional nature of the data you provide is indicated by an asterisk at the time of collection.
Placing an ad
To place an ad, you must give us your first name, your email address, your telephone number and your postal address.
In addition, you may choose to provide us with your geolocation information via the ad geolocation feature of our site, by clicking on the button provided for this purpose.
Based on our legitimate interest, we use automatic ad content analysis technology to detect unsolicited or fraudulent content. This technology is based on the information you provide when placing your ad and in your account, the history of your account and technical data related to your use of the website.
When you create your Personal Account, you must provide us with your first name, last name, country of residence, telephone number and email address.
You may also choose to provide us with the following information:
- Date of birth
- Postal address for billing
- Bank details
- Mother tongue and languages spoken
When you create your Business Account, you must provide us with your first name, last name, company name, VAT number, country of residence, telephone number and email address.
You may also choose to provide us with the following information:
- Date of birth
- Mailing address for billing
- Postal address of the registered office
- Share capital
- Bank details
- Mother tongue and languages spoken
- Right of withdrawal terms and conditions
Contacting customer support or reporting ads
When you contact our customer support or report an ad, you must provide us with your first name, last name and email address.
Replying to an ad
When you reply to an ad, we send the seller your first name.
We use automatic content analysis technology based on our legitimate interest to detect unsolicited content, including fraudulent content, or malicious computer programs.
Sharing an ad
When you use the share an ad function we collect the sending email and the recipient's email.
Share a profile
When you use the share profile feature we collect the recipient's email and use your account email to share the profile to your recipient.
Using our Instant Messenger
As part of our Instant Messenger, we use automatic content analysis technology to detect unsolicited content, including fraudulent content, or malicious computer programs.
Search around me
By clicking on "Search Around Me" on the home page of our site, you agree to provide us with your geolocation data so that we can respond to your search for Ads near you.
Accepting an order
When a seller accepts an order, if the order is to be collected from the seller, the seller's postal address and telephone number will appear for the buyer. If the material is to be shipped then the buyer's postal address and telephone number will appear.
Secure Payment and Sales Service
If you are a seller, you must enter your billing address in order to accept an order. To receive the money from your sale you will be asked for your IBAN. You also need to provide 'Know Your Customer' information to our payment providers Stripe. They use this information to verify your identity in accordance with anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing regulations.
This information is as follows
- First and last name
- Billing address
- Email address
- Date of birth
- BANK DETAILS
Secure Payment and Purchase Service
If you are a buyer and wish to make a payment to a seller on our site, we collect your payment data (number, expiry date and cryptogram of your bank). For this purpose, they are transmitted to our PCI-DSS certified payment service provider, Stripe, which technically helps to achieve the above purpose.
Transport label generation service
If you wish to purchase a shipping label, you must enter the postal address from which the package is to be sent, as well as the sender's email and telephone number. You must also enter the postal address where the parcel will arrive, as well as the recipient's email and telephone number.
We record via cookies and other tracers usage data when you access (or otherwise use) our services, which includes our website and app, such as when you search, reply to or post Advertisements, or use our instant messaging service or secure payment service. We also collect technical data about your internet connection, browser and devices.
In particular, we carry out audience measurement, with which we measure, for example, the number of pages viewed, the number of visits to the site, as well as the activity of visitors on the site and the frequency of their return.
By accepting cookies for audience measurement, you enable us to obtain more complete statistical results from indirectly identifiable personal data, allowing us to improve our service. If you do not accept cookies for audience measurement, you will be in "consent-exempt status", which means that partial audience measurement will be maintained. In this case, the data collected will only be linked to an identifier generated specifically for our site and used only to recognise your terminal.
We may receive personal data about you from our customers and partners (e.g. data aggregators).
On the basis of the performance of the contract between us, we use your data to provide our services to you, including
- to publish your advertisement;
- to create and manage your account;
- providing you with our instant messaging service;
- send you push notifications, SMS and emails regarding your use of our services;
- answer your customer support questions;
- allow you to make transactions via the Stripe Secure Payment Service;
- allow you to create shipping labels;
- allow you to share a listing/profile with a friend via email;
- allow you to share on social networks.
On the basis of our legitimate interest, we use your data to :
- conduct marketing statistics and analysis, to understand how you use our services;
- automatically estimate, from your usage data of our services, the level of interest in your search;
- provide you with personalised content and enhance your user experience;
- send you advertisements on our site that may be of interest to you, based on the advertisements you view or respond to;
- to send you, as a User, commercial and/or promotional offers, exclusively from AV-Market and exclusively concerning the AV-Market service;
- conduct surveys (e.g. satisfaction, opinion, etc.). You are free to participate and may object in the manner provided at the time of the survey.
- to fight fraud, as your account and payment data may be processed automatically during your transactions and when you send messages and, in the event of anomalies being detected, may lead to an automatic suspension of your transaction or a blocking of the messages you send. We also use automatic ad content analysis technology to detect unsolicited or fraudulent content. This technology is based on the information you provide when placing your ad and in your account, your account history and technical data related to your use of the website;
- calculate your average response time to messages sent to you;
- to provide a follow-up service for telephone calls and to produce statistics,
- For evidential purposes.
We may, with your consent:
- allow you to be contacted by a salesperson;
- allow you to search for ads around you based on your location data;
- personalise the advertisements that appear on our site or third party sites, so that you are not exposed to advertisements that are not relevant to you.
We do not share your personal data with our third party partners without your consent. However, if you click on an advertisement, the advertiser may know that you have visited the page where you clicked.
Your data will not be sold to third parties by AV-Market.
Finally, we may process your data in order to comply with our legal obligations.
The data we collect is accessible to our service providers, acting as subcontractors, who contribute administratively and technically to the achievement of the purposes mentioned above (hosting provider, payment provider, advertising technology, etc.).
In this context, the data we collect may be transferred outside the European Union. In this case, we ensure that this transfer is made to countries recognised as providing an adequate level of protection for your personal data or, at the very least, on the basis of appropriate safeguards provided by law.
In order to comply with our legal obligations, your personal data may also be transmitted to authorised administrative and judicial authorities, only upon judicial request.
Some of the service providers we use may collect data with your consent in their capacity as data controller. These are:
- our advertising service providers (Google)
- our geolocation service provider (Google), which may collect the following data: postcodes, postal addresses (where applicable) and IP addresses. This data is subject to an anonymisation process in accordance with the regulations in force concerning personal data.
- Our payment service provider Stripe, which collects the above so-called "Know Your Customer" information. This information is used by Stripe to verify your identity, in accordance with the regulations on the fight against money laundering and the financing of terrorism.
The length of time we keep your personal data varies according to the purpose of their collection:
- Account data (identity, electronic contact details, history of use of services) is kept for 3 years from the end of the commercial relationship;
- Data relating to the management of your account and your advertisements are kept for a period of 5 years from their deletion and this, exclusively for purposes of proof;
- Documents and accounting records are kept for 10 years, as accounting proof;
- Your credit card details are kept by our payment service provider until full payment has been made and, as evidence in the event of a claim, for 13 months, or 15 months in the case of a deferred payment card;
- Emails collected for ad and profile sharing are deleted as soon as the email is sent to the designated recipient;
- Data that may be subject to a judicial requisition (connection data, identity, contact details, transaction data) is kept for 12 months from the date of collection;
- The data stored when you carry out a "search around you" is only kept for the duration of this search.
Right of access: this is your right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your data is being processed, and if so, to access this data.
Right of rectification: this is your right to obtain, as soon as possible, that your inaccurate data be rectified and that your incomplete data be completed. You can also, at any time, modify the personal data in your account, except your e-mail address. Simply go to your account and click on the "My profile" tab.
Right of deletion: this is your right to obtain, as soon as possible, the deletion of your data, subject to our legal obligations of conservation.
Right of limitation: this is your right to obtain the limitation of the processing when you object to it, when you contest the accuracy of your data, when you believe that their processing is unlawful, or when you need them for the establishment, exercise or defence of your legal rights.
Right to object: this is your right to object at any time to the processing of your data by AV-Market, except in the case of legitimate and compelling reasons of AV-Market. You may also object to the processing of your data for the purpose of prospecting.
Right to portability: this is your right to receive your data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable and interoperable format and to pass it on to another data controller without us interfering.
Right not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing: you have the right not to be subject to a decision based exclusively on automated processing which produces legal effects concerning or affecting you, except where such a decision is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract, or is authorised by law.
Complaints: you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Instructions in the event of death: you have the right to give instructions for the fate of your personal data in the event of your death.
If you are an individual, you can exercise your rights of access, rectification, deletion and portability via your Account in the "My profile" tab.
To exercise your rights, you must contact our customer support via our contact form.
You can also exercise your choices via the "Manage my cookies" button.
IMPORTANT: In the event that a Transaction is initiated by you or your contact person via our Secure Payment Service, deletion of your account will be suspended until your transaction is completed.
We protect your information using physical, electronic and administrative security measures. Our safeguards include, but are not limited to, firewalls, physical access controls to our data centres and authorization controls for access to information.
A cookie is a text file that is stored on the hard drive of your computer, tablet or mobile phone by your browser when you visit an online service.
The cookies stored by AV-Market or third parties when you visit our site do not recognise you personally as an individual, but only recognise the device you are using. Cookies do not store any sensitive or directly identifying personal data but simply provide information about your browsing so that your device can be recognised later.
Cookies do not cause any damage to your device, but make it easier for us to find your preferences, pre-fill certain fields and adapt the content of our services.
Only you choose whether you want to have cookies saved on your device and you can easily control the saving of cookies.
The cookies we issue that are necessary for the operation of the service allow us to
- to identify you when you log on to our site and to secure your connection,
- adapt the presentation of our site to the display preferences of your terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.), according to the hardware and software used for displaying or reading,
- to retain your choice regarding cookies.
The audience measurement cookies that we deposit enable us to analyse the use of our site and to improve our user experience by establishing statistics and volumes of visits and use (sections and content visited, route taken, etc.).
These cookies allow you to benefit from a better experience on our site by taking advantage of generic improvements that are not linked to your profile or to test them. For example, they allow us to store your details for pre-filling a form.
These cookies allow you to benefit from a personalised experience on our site according to your browsing, your interests and your use of our service. They allow us to offer or test content, communications, offers and/or features that are best suited to your profile.
We allow you to benefit from :
- Content adapted to your profile, in order for example to improve the relevance of your search results, to recommend other advertisements likely to interest you, to offer you features adapted to your profile on our site,
- Personalized promotional offers based on your profile,
- Personalised marketing communications, for example when you receive our emails.
Cookies may be placed on your browser, with your consent, by our partners acting as data processors. This is known as a third-party cookie. This is the case for the display of certain personalised advertising. AV-Market does not manage the cookies of these partner companies and has no control over or responsibility for these cookies and the use of the data collected through them. In this respect, we advise you to consult the partner's own policy on cookies.
You can consult the list of these partners and control the deposit of their cookies on your browser via the "Manage my cookies" button.
You can at any time express or modify your wishes regarding cookies via the "Manage my cookies" button, or by the means described below:
You can configure your browser at any time so that cookies are stored on your terminal (opt-in) or, on the contrary, that they are rejected (opt-out). Some browsers allow you to set rules to manage cookies on a site-by-site basis.
Each browser has a different configuration for managing cookies. It is described in the help menu of your browser, which will allow you to know how to modify your wishes:
In addition, the procedure for disabling ad targeting on your mobile devices is as follows:
- on iOS, go to the privacy settings, access the "advertising" option and enable "limited ad tracking"
- on Android, go to the "Google settings" app, enable the "disable ads by interest" option and "reset ad ID".
You can also set the geolocation options of your mobile device and the applications, which have access to it:
- on iOS, go to the privacy settings, access the "Location Service" option and set the apps, which can access your location data;
- on Android, go to your phone's 'Settings', then 'Applications'. Select 'Application' and then 'Permissions'. There you will find a list of all the permissions we may ask you for, including one called 'Location', which you can turn on or off.
To learn more about targeted advertising and the choices you have in this area, you can consult the resources below:
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance
- Internet Advertising Bureau France
- Network Advertising Initiative
You are also welcome to contact us with any questions or requests regarding cookies on our site and/or targeted advertising by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.